Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly Relations

jaybat12

I have an assembly of a plate and 3 brackets placed with a pattern. Theplate changes in length for different applications. How canI link the spacing of the brackets to the length of the plate using relations?

tools-->relations

select the pattern feature, then from model select the respective dimension for spacing. then select the plate and then the dimension that dives the length of the plate. so you have both of the dimensions for spacing and length. now you can relate them.

Edited by: atalet

When I click the length dimension from the plate it says LENGTH:48. What does the 48 mean? Is that supposed to be the ID of the plate? Because when I go to INFO-->MODEL on the assembly it says the ID of the plate is 41.

when you open relations (tools-->relations) and the click on the plate, the dimensions are shown as symbolic. if you click to Info > Switch Dimensions, then you can see the magnitude of the dimensions. for relations you need symbolic representations.

LENGTH:48 here 48 is not the length but the id of this dimension.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back