Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Filling Text

jjworrel

I am trying to fill it some text I created on a sketch. I created a sketch, used the "create text" feature to create the text on the part.

When I try to use Edit --> Fill I get the following response: "You may not enter the tool with this reference. Please select a valid reference for this tool."

Is there an easy way to fill in the text? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
smiley2.gif

I am currently using Pro/E Wildire 3.0.

Hi,

Try this method of working around:

1. <LI>Create a skeched curved with the required Text</LI>
    <LI>Start Fill command and define a new sketch ( do not try to fill the curve created in the first step!!)</LI>
    <LI>Use "Use Edge --> Chain" option in the sketcher environment and select the first curve. Complete the sketch by clicking the tick mark.</LI>

With this you should be able create the filled text. Incase of any problems, please let me know, I shall send you a sample file.

Regards,

Anand

I don't think it is possible, at least not in WF2. if you try to create an internal sketch within the fill feature, you will see that the text icon is grayed out.

If you just want the fill for visual purposes and any type of fill will do; why not try a color instead?

VIEW; COLOR AND APPERAENCE;

select a color other than the part color; change selection type from part to surfaces and pick the area of the text that you are trying to fill.

Thanks for the insite Anand,

And sorry for the confusion. I did not mean to imply that your technique was not possible, I was actually replying to jjworrel when I said I did not think it was possible. After postingmy replythe wimdow returned I saw your reply and realized I was wrong.

later Jim

Another thing to note is you will have to update the sketch for the fill if you use a parameter for teh text definition.

Just regeneration would not help. The sketch within fill feature is to be re-defined as it would lose all the references from from the previous entered texts
smiley19.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back