Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cylinder Assembly with doors

dannerj

Hey all, I'm having a Thursday brain freeze. I don't do much of this, but I would like to place a cylinder on a door, so that when I open the door, the cylinder moves with the door. I have the doors currently set on a family table, so that I can see them in the closed and open position. I used an assembly reference to reference the carriage on the cylinder, but the carriage won't update in the family table. Is there a better way to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you thought about doing it the other way around

A possibility is to have a family table of cylinder instances with varying degrees of extension. Put the cylinder instance into the family table and let that control the position of the door

Another alternative is to have the door opening in the family table and use relations in the top level assembly to detemine which instance of cylinder to use. One drawback is you need AAX and a large family table of cylinder instances to do this.

DB

Edited by: Dell_Boy

Yes, I suppose I could. So many times you get stuck thinking in one direction. I will give that a try. Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back