Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Edge display thickness on screen

petesprada

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the thickness of edges can be increased on screen when in edge display mode? I am taking screenshots of my model and pasting them into documents but the linework comes in too thin and berely visible when scaled down.

Cheers,

Peter

I had this issue too. I ended up inporting into illustrator and increasing the line weight to get the job done.

It certainly helps a lot of you alter a couple of settings.

Under View / Model Display - Edge/Line tab, tick Smooth Lines. Under the Shade tab set your quality to 10.
Edited by: [-Skint-]

not sure if you have thought of this or not... but changing the appearence of your parts/surfaces also has an effect of how the lines edges show up... for instance, alter the colour of your part to black and then view in edge view compared to a white model.

yeah, have already tried that. i actually switched the model display completely yo black and white, but still the line-work is very thin.

how exactly are you "taking screenshots" ? Are you using the "save as" option in pro-e and saving a copy as a jpeg ?

If that is the case, then I agree that the line weight seems to get reduced during the conversion. If you have access to photoshop or any imaging software, then rather than save as a jpeg, just do a screen grab and then crop the image to size accordingly. It seems to give more contrast.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back