Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spinal Bend on a Strain Relief Bushing

Crayz

Hey guys,
I have searched and read, and read and searched some more and haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I have a strain relief bushing that is modeled up as it comes from the mold, but now I want to bend it into an 'installed' position. Is a spinal bend the right option for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! The link below is to the actual part.

http://www.heyco.com/products/sec_03/3-13.html

2009-03-24_162411_strain_relief_bushing.prt.zip

Crayz,

I really know better the strain relief bushings, that you're talking about, cause using a lot of on my product designs -I doproduct designto CONAIR-, and remenber that use them together on a family table, one bend and another unbend.

Right now I can't open your file, cause I-m using WF3, but you're in the rigth way with the spinal bend tool, making a hinge-kind.

Regards

Pablo

Okay, so I know I am at least in the right track! do you happen to have an example? I tried to figure out how to use a spinal bend based on the example parts I found on here while searching, but no avail... I think the fact I am trying to bend two differing halves across a 45 degree plane to each other is getting in my way. Oh these frustrating little things...

Yeah, I looked at the spinal box part and couldn't exactly figure it out. Thank you for the help thus far though!

If you want send me a hand-sketch, of whatevever you want to do, and I'll do it, last night I was searching in my house about any model like you need, but failed.

Pablo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back