Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model Challenge - March 09.

I'd been thinking of something like that, maybe a Lamborghini Countach....a JCB would also be pretty cool to model as the mechansim side could be incorporated into the model. Have the bucket and other parts all moving.

hmm... maybe i`ll do a dodge charger from dukes of hazard or that lovely `67 mustang from the film vanilla sky :p

ofcourse, I will own both ( full size before you ask lol ) one day
smiley36.gif

I managed to find the worst toyshop in the whole of the UK, possibly Europe or even the world yesterday. On the way home from work I called in to try and get an airfix kit to model on ProE. To my amazement they didn't have any....not one.
smiley18.gif
I was gutted. I suppose I should have guessed as I was in this shop on Christmas Eve and there was only one other person in it.

There selection of model cars, bikes, tractors, etc was very poor. I expect them to close soon. Not due to the global economic crisis but because they're s^*te.

Argos have a set of 4 WRC cars (Focus, Peugeot 206, Subaru and Evo) so I may have to get that instead.

i popped into a local branch of HobbyCraft a few weeks ago and I seem to remember thay had loads of air-fix models etc. Maybe I will go and take a look.

On the subject though, I do have an original 1970`s i think AT-ST from star wars at home, i may take that to pieces and start on that project, like being a little kid again
smiley4.gif

ATST.jpg

Very cool, I bought my son the Lego Star Wars Millenium Falcon a couple of years ago for Christmas. I would have loved that as a kid. I want the star destroyer Lego model.

Nice renderings Skint. But dont you use your tools ? They are way to clean
smiley2.gif

No criticism to you but that is a mistakeI think most renders have, too clean. Takes away a lot of realism.

I'm looking forward to building the Death Star and the Tie Advanced. I have both just not the time to put them together yet.

provided my parents didn't throw it out, I should still have Luke Skywalkers X-wing (not lego). When you pushed R2 D2's head, the wings sprung out. I also has a large R2. Pressing the butttons on his front made him say things 'help me Obe one Kanobi, you're my only hope'....then he fell in the bath or should I say crash landed.....trying to immitate the swamp skywalker and him crashed into looking for Yoda....never worked after that
smiley6.gif
. The memories are flooding back.
smiley4.gif

smiley36.gif
my toys didnt tend to last very long either, if they had wings that meant that they could really fly right ? Off the garage roof they went haha !

Heres some pics of the technic 4x4 I got for Christmas from my kids. It is so cool, motorized, lights that work, engine pistons turn, suspension lowers and rises with the motor and the wince works too.

I spent most of Boxing Day building it. I am a big kid
smiley4.gif

Wicked !!
smiley17.gif

Its just reminded me too.... I have a petrol powered remote control buggy in my garage knocking around somewhere... ooh thats crying out to be modelled !!

Fridays should be a "allowed to model anything " day.

this post is evolving to become something really intresting
smiley36.gif

I also want to share something. Lately, one example of vacum cleaners "catched" my attentions. I just had to give "him" a try.

Nice work Jacek, it's taking shape well.

I had a look for some airfix models at the weekend but the shops here are useless. Also I'm snowed under this week and away from my PC so won't get anything done till next week. Paris marathon this Sunday so maybe next week I'll be modelling an souvenir oxygen mask
smiley36.gif

Thats a posh marathon michael !! A friend of mine is into marathon running too, however his latest adventure was a 96 mile run, none stop, throughout the west highland way in scotland... what an idiot lol !

I hate driving 26 miles let alone running it
smiley36.gif

It is, very posh, way too posh for the five of us going. But you're right....madness....never again!!!! and as for 96miles.....WTF?????

I'm regretting I ever said I'd do it though i'm doing it for a good cause (Fibromyalgia Association UK) which my mother-in-law has and my wife has just been diagnosed with ME which is similar/related so thinking of the good that I'm doing will hopefully help get me round the 26.2mile course. Saying that I may stop on the Champs Elysee and have a few pints instead
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back