Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Retrocompatibility on pro/engineer

Backwards compatability is not possible with proe. Try exporting as an iges and opening that. You will loose some functionality tho
smiley18.gif

ooops, when I import the new project it says "xxx_ASM and XXX_prt have different length units"

Any idea about this error? I can load all the .prt files correctly, but not the asm files.

just make sure that your models, subassembly and whole assembly was created with same units, accuracy andunder the same furmat - template (if).

Suggestion: Export your data to Granite file and open it in older proe. You will be able to add some new features on the models and assembly and even normalny work with assembly .. you can add new part into assembly and then just save it an normally open it with newer version of proe. Many firms are working like this.

Note: do not forget about exporting accuracy. (look for some config option)

Before you get too far, make sure you didn't skip the second reply from mediumsliced.

PTC has an add on that let's you open newer files in older versions and maintain some compatibility. I think you have read only access in the old version or something. May allow you to go back and forth easier than IGES, STEP or neutral files.

http://www.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/index.htm

I just started working with an assembly that some else (with about two weeks of Pro/e experience) brought over from WF4 (he thinks) to WF2. I had the same problem when I opened the assemlby except for a couple of models that he had been working on I could not see any thing.

Found that all the models are on two layers "copy geometry" (from a mapkey I created to use ruled layers. And another one that looks like it was created during the import, it is "shell". Funny thing is I have to isolate both layers to see the models.

I was expecting to see features in the model tree, but most of them are just a quilt and some are a quilt an a solid. The Engineerthat imported the the file did not set any new config settings for the GCIR import nor could he tell me anything about the exporting platform.

As soon as shove turns back to a push; I'll have to read up on these type of imports.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back