Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

purge not working proper

Tesla77

I just changed to a x64 bit computer windows xp and when they reloaded ProE the purge does not work. I see the purge.bat file in the bin folder but the computer does not allow it work proper when using (Open System Window). I can read the files with in the directory but not able to purge the directory. I get (path not found)Is there a path to add to the system environment variables?

Does your system know where the purge.bat file is?
Ina system window type "path" to see if the path to the purge.bat is listed. If it isn't i'm not sure how to add it.

For example,if you have a WF4 and you are working with old version files (WF3,WF2...), the purge doesn

I'm on vista but on XP i'm pretty sure the location is the same. If you got to control panel and system, when the system dialogue box opens there should be a tab called advanced, you should see settings for perfomance, user profile and startup and recovery, right at the bottom you will see a button for environment variables. You can set the path to the purge command in there.

Alternatively if you PM me your email I will send you a little pureg tool that is outside of proe that works quite well, it also has a little function for deleting all those pesky little files that clog up a directory.

Paddy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back