Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

V-Ray

yup, here's a render I'm currently working on (acually this is about 5 days old... I already fixed the back inside wheel arch and some other stuff)

My final renderings for this carare about finished...

I modeled this is Rhino though...

render4mu9or0.jpg

Edited by: soljarag

what do you have placed in the scene for your reflections?

Looks like you did the render in Max?How does the pug in look in Max? Do you just choose V-Ray as a render engine inside the MAX interface?

I would like to see the paint specular highlight more crisp to make the paint look more wet. To do so in Maya Ill add a big white square above the car and make it transparent but reflective so it projects sharp crisp specular highlights.

How does V-Ray handle decals?
Edited by: design-engine

Thanks for the reply guys.

For reflections, I'm using a HDR that has light cards all around. When i showed this render to other people a lot of them also said that about the reflections...

When I looked at my HDR i noticed there wasn't much contrast, so i adjusted the levels in photoshop and that helped alot

Yes, I used 3dsmax vray, you just pick the vray render inside MAX and works seamlessly.

Since I used 3dsmax, to do decals and stuff you can just use 3dsmax modifiers (UV map, UV unwrap, ect...) thats the main reason I use 3dsmax vray, rather than Rhino Vray..

Hopfully I'll have time to get some final renders done soon

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back