Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Force Balance Analysis

surajjr

Hello All,

Can anybdy please help me with Force Balance Analysis. Any tutorials or linksavailable please let me know. I have searched on internet but am unable to find any

thanks

Hi,

To speak clear
smiley4.gif
: Force Balance is an analysetyp in MDO to find your bearingreactions, forces an further measurements in static equilibrium.

After you designed the mechanism your must reduce the DOF(degrees of freedom) to Zero in analysedefinition window.To manage it you lock connections, or you make active servo motors(given length of a hydraulic cylinder for example). There is another possibility too, to make mechanism static: with load cell=means you keep your assembly in one given point, and exact here you can read the reaction force.

In Short: Force Balance need Zero DOF; be aware of Redundancies, they can make your calculations unusable.After all i have not big "trust" in Results of MDO in case of Reaction Forces in complicated and big assemblies.So far my experience

I have many information about Force Balance but all are in german.

I would be glad if you share your experiences with, i am looking for a long time for information in case of Force Balance analysis. But i either have redundancies in my mechanism (reconficure mechanism with other connection typ is the long way then)or i get wrong values....

I hope i have could eplain you force balance analysis., write me your e-mail i try to find some information...bye
smiley4.gif

Hi Ankarali,
Thanks for your valuable information. :)

i have an issue here.

After connection locks (DOF is 0) the mechanism is not
moving, it becomes stationary and i could measure
Reaction force at a Connection for that instance
(second).
but i want to measure the reaction force for various
instances (seconds).
In this case, how to generate a reaction force Vs Second
curve for various position of mechanism.

Please any one guide me to measure the reaction force for
various instances. Hoping for your suggestions.

Thank U.

Regards,
Manoj.
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif

Hi!

Is it correct way to do that with dynamic analysis without gravity? Add servo motors to control position and add external loads. Then create measurements for required connections, right? I have been struggling with reactions for a while. In a mean while I am waiting MDO course, does anyone know is there good tutorial for this. I would like to have that also.

Thanks,
M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back