Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New Rendering Forum - Discuss

[-Skint-]

Ok I`ll start
smiley17.gif

Thankyou admin for listening to your regular members and lets hope the New Rendering thread is the first of many improvements to come. Well done in getting it sorted.
smiley32.gif

So.. What are peoples thoughts on the new thread and who`s going to plunge into it with the first Render... We should let CP have the honours I think
smiley36.gif

probably not going to get much traffic over here.

Ill start out with some images from a few years ago.

pro_photorender_photolux_rendering9.jpg

I used noise in photoshop then mapped that image
onto the Pro/E geometry using a spherical bump
map. Added a color map at the same time.
Rendered using Pro/PHOTORENDER 2004 or so.

Edited by: design-engine

I'm chuffed with the new Rendering forum.

Especially as we can make topics with more specific names...

So... Instead of just carrying on in this topic for ever and ever as happened in the "Rendering Q&A " topic under Modeling, let's start using new topics to spread the discussions and make it more specific.

PS Maybe admin can move the whole "Rendering Q&A..." topic here from theModeling forum? Does anyone "own" that topic??? At the end of the day we want to have better access to the awesome work posted by people, including that of CP ;)
Edited by: pro_eek

good idea proeek, but i don't have time to do renderings, that was my first in years and probably last!

Edited by: solidworm

Solidworm... that helmet looks great!the highlight looks diffused. Try to get the highlight to be crisp as opposite to diffused. That will give the appearance that the helmet is wet with lacquer. What I do in Maya is place a supper white rectangle above the product.Make the rectangle clear but allow it to reflect into the specular highlight as solid.
Edited by: design-engine

Nice to see the new Forum. Have no worries...this forum will get plenty of traffic.
smiley2.gif

DESIGN- Perfect texture and mapping!

SOLIDWORM- Thats a really decent first render. The only obvious thing missing is the shadow inside the helmet but your rendering version probably doesn't shadow through windows. I'm not even sure mine does. :) Other than that...nice reflection and shine.
Edited by: CPiotrowski

And here is the part which gave me many headaches, a great learning curve for me this was. I hadnt really done much surfacing until attempting this so I learnt a LOT ! Its the frameworks for the boot support on a Snowboard Binding.

18846224uw8.png

Hi Skint, keep up the good work. I'll probably only be able to get my teeth back into rendering in a month's time, quite tied up now with other things..

Skint,

Great rendering images. Can you present your settings for material, light, room colors and render settings to achive this result.
I always found it hard to get good results with high reflective materials.

Cheers
Magnus

Hi, when rendering with pro-e I typically have an ambient light set to just off white, almost clay render settings, I remember a useful settings document posted by CP once ?.. CP ?

Give these a try if you dont already have them, the chrome is quite good :

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_24/howto/pho1169/pho1169.htm

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_24/howto/pho1376/pho1376.htm

Edit : Forgot to add, done a few plastic renders in Hypershot this morning of the snowboard binding baseplate...only100k jpegs nothing fancy. I guess im going to have to create a " Skints WIP Junk thread "
smiley36.gif

31018149ko6.jpg

11588725pa5.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8022/11588725pa5.jpg
Edited by: [-Skint-]

Nice SKINT. Very close to realistic plastic. Maybe a little more shine and it should be perfect. Nice model. Great details. Those polished aluminum bindings are very nice!!!
smiley32.gif

I'm hoping to see some other regulars start some projects.
Edited by: CPiotrowski

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back