Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Master Model Merge

michaelpaul

I've been using the Master Model Merge technique for a while now and was wondering if there's a better way to achieve the same results.

In SW, you simply do an Insert Part as your first feature in a new part and you just open the part you want to be inserted into your new part.

After looking at the Insert - shared data - data from file command, I see that this is not an option in WF 2.0. Is it an option in 4.0? We will be upgrading next month.

If this seemingly simple method is still not an option, is there a new and easier way to utilize a master model or should I just stick with the the somewhat counterintuitive but functional method that I learned oh so long ago?

Thanks

Michael

Master Merge started around 1993 or so.... probably sooner.

Skeletons came around at version 20 1998

if you do not have Advanced Assembly, then master merge is still your choice for top down design.

What about "Copy Geom"... we have ceased using the MMM becuase there is something about external references are easier managed with Copy-Geom.

Mike,

I don't think he has the Advanced Assembly option required for Copy Geom. He might be stuck on Master Merge or else an upgrade.

P.S. Im using a mac to post today

Hi,

MVP, what do U mean by Advance Assembly option?

I'm having problem with merging my assembly using component operation(in edit). the error stated :(when trying to Select reference parts for MERGE process.)
The selected entity is external. It cannot be backed up.

do you have any idea what that means.

p.s. : may be i should not add this to here... sorry about that.
2008-06-20_000803_proe_question.zip

means you need to pay more money to get the advanced assembly options required to complete all the cool top down functions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back