Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

trace sketch jpeg problems

Orion07

Hope someone can help...

Lately I've been trying to learn to create surfaces and complex geometries. I've been trying to insert a jpeg onto a datum plane using the "style tool" icon but get the following error; Could not load sketch image from file. I'm not even sure we have ISDX but I'm able to use other features that appear when I select the "style tool" icon. The jpeg is in my working directory... but that doesnt help. I can insert "textures" but not jpegs. Also, I can open models that have used this feature and the jpeg is visible. Not sure whats wrong here. I'm using WF2.

Orion

Save the JPEG as a bitmap. Open it up in paintbrush and cut and paste it in the drawing. Adjust the size by dragging the corners.

oldman- I've saved it as a bitmap but I'm not sure how to go about doing the cut and paste method. Can you explain further?

design-engine- I dont have photoshop but I have Microsoft Paint

Why doesnt the system just take in a jpeg???

Oh.. that would be too hard as everyone and their sister has oodles of jpegs and they are smaller files and easier to deal with and bla bla bla... there goes ptc again... 95 yards and a fumble!

you can try this also

create one flat surface on datum plane and apply a decal-jpeg on that surface using (view-color and appearances)

I actually got it to work once, but for some reason cannot repeat it. This was without "changing modes" as Bart mentioned. Seems to work ok with large files like photographs.

Keyur- That method also works... Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back