Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

wf4.0 face modeled in 5 minutes

design-engine

face600.jpg

<a href="http://www.proetools.com/images/face601.jpg" target="_blank">
face601.jpg
</a>http://www.proetools.com/images/face601.jpg

Edited by: design-engine

smiley1.gif
nice work...
5 minutes?!!!
what was the speed kick?!!
shortcuts/map keys ? , some tricky tricks ?!...

aaa... a bit of the topic but have u seen/read about the david laser scanner?

I was waiting for someone to ask. I used the new Surface Edit tool inside of WF4.0 ISDX. It has always been an Alias exercise we did to teach people how to use these same tools.

So you just pick the tool, pull on internal surface cv's and insert a couple insoparms and you get a face.

When doing on site training I am often asked about scan data from cameras. It's an awesome way to understand the form. I think people make the geometry so difficult to model by looking so perfectly to the scan data. Like they forgot that the orginoinal goal was too have a base for managing changes to clay using Pro/E.

"its not how fast you model something but how fast you change it 20 times"

You guys should have seen bart's surfacing presentation at the PTC User Conference...no other presenter had that many people hanging around afterwards! I took bart's 3 week basic pro/e course in 1998 when I was 18, and I've been running with it ever since. I'm now a senior designer at a largeoilfield company in Houston. I'm on the Super User Group here, and am a pro/e trainer and intralink administrator.
Edited by: ChrisHall

OMG... it looks exactly like my ex-wife!!!

Bart.. any chance I can get a stereolith of that for a pinata???

he he he he

Mike,

It took me a minute to figure out who this Mithrandir character is. We could probably make a cnc rhen model and make a latex mask. Fill that with taco bell hot sauce (I prefer Mild).

When you hit the pinata all the hot sauce would make the bashing messy and more funny.

Mithrandir sounds like something from Lord of the Rings
smiley36.gif

You guys have gone cookoo this morning... the friday feeling eh
smiley17.gif

That is cool

It is so wonderful

In our company WF4 has not reached

They are telling it will come come come....

May be financial criyz

Bart can you upload some videos of that

A little egger to see that stuff

As i dont have ISDX extension anymore... I think I may dig out the companies version of Maya. It has never been used haha.

Anyone know if Maya is difficult to learn ?

WAIT A minute.......Bart !

that alien words ....

i figure " surface cv's " as surface curvatures ..if wrong plz correct me..

other than that...........

insoparms

& yes..so u know laser scanners.....i tried a scan with a web cam...results were very poor..i figure 1 need to have high res cameras.& then it came to bying 1 ....n i stop there....
but it is a good idea...in India its all about making it low priced.....so it could get success ..anyway...

Thank you.

smiley1.gif

design-engine said:
Mike,

It took me a minute to figure out who this Mithrandir character is. We could probably make a cnc rhen model and make a latex mask. Fill that with taco bell hot sauce (I prefer Mild).

When you hit the pinata all the hot sauce would make the bashing messy and more funny.

We need to get the technology down making models from photographs... just think about it... we could make a fortune selling Pinatas that look like peoples Ex's!!! lol

Ive been pushing this Surface Edit tool very hard and have done things only before doable in Alias.
seharley600.jpg

This surface was a sweep in ISDX and I snapped it tangent to a surface edge 2" away. Bad Ass.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back