Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Fly Through Animation

DL_allainmfg

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Fly Through Animation of a pretty big assembly we have created. I don't think Pro/E has any features that will allow me to create one, unless I've missed something.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what program I could use to create this anymation.

Thanks,
Denis

I suppose You need ProductView. In the past there was also another tool, I do not remmeber its name(I work with it on Unix).

Any way You have still a possibility to use camera following the path in Perspective menu change from Fly through on to Follow path - choose edge or curve

So you can do it inside Pro/E ?

I'd found the follow path function in Pro/E, managed to define the path, but then I'm lost I don't know how to start the thing or setup the camera. Or for that matter record anything.

Thanks,
Denis

DL,

I made an animation to do a similar thing. I took images of the model from various angles and various stages of doors opening. Using animation it appeared like you were walking up to the doors, passing through them, turning around and then seeing the doors close.

the perspective view change can also be used for that.

cheers,

M

magneplanar: ok but how this perspective can be used in animation ? interpolation through the perspective views just won't work in animation. So how to do that ? how to set up the perspective views to make it works ? hmm

Miko said:
magneplanar: ok but how this perspective can be used in animation ? interpolation through the perspective views just won't work in animation. So how to do that ? how to set up the perspective views to make it works ? hmm

I once managed to do that, I mean using perspective view to do a fly-through animation setup, but overall the perspective interface is so bad (and sadly it remained unchanged in WF5.0 :( ) that I had to export everything to Lightwave and do the animation there... What I remember is that if you exit perspective mode to alter the fly-through path you then have to re-do all the perspective setup!

Paolo

Pro still has the crude version under 'view' 'model setup' 'perspective'. The default is fly-thru
and the commands are brutal. Takes time to get used to. I dont think you can record it though.But I've used 3rd party software like Snagit to record.

Gary

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back