Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

data trasnlation from pro/e to AutoCAD

zahid_shanamo

hi, welcome to all the members of Pro/e users Forum.

I think this is the right plateform for the resolution my problem with pro/e.

I am facing a problem in drawing exported from pro/e to autocad for dimensioning purposes.When I save a drawing in "DWG." format using "Save a Copy" for opening in AutoCAD offcourse,I set the drawing unit in mm in Pro/e for Part.when I open the same drawing and start dimensioning in AutoCAd dimensions are changed.(Offcourse,the drawing unit in AutoCAD is set to mm once again).

Please guide me why is this happening.Is something wrong in the procedure.

Many Many Thanks in advance.

Mohd Zahid
Edited by: zahid_shanamo

Sounds like a view scale thingy. Acad dimensions added to the imported drawing (all 'paper space' entities?) will have to be scaled. There should be an Acad variable to alter the dim scale to match the view scale.

Make sure that before you "Save A Copy" the Pro/E drawing scale is set to 1 (full scale).

If you save it at any other scale the dims that are exportedwill be correct but the scale of the geometry will be different when dimensioned in AutoCad.

Proe's drawing paper space by default unit is inch. it has nothing to do with part units.i.e. mm. when you are saving in dwg format paper space will be in inch.
Even if you print you will get dimension converted to inch. (if you changed dim colour or layer in acad
)
best way to scale it in acad. or print as it is in monocrom pen style.

Regards,
Parin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back