Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide table cell border?

MichailS

Hello

I'm designing a drawing format, and it is rife with hardships.

Like how do I create a parameter-driven table entry where the cell border is invisible? Format → Line Style is grayed out when I target the cell border and look in the menus.

Click on your table, then select your whole table (table->Select->table)

Then select table->line display
a dialog will pop up for blanking lines.

This option is grayed out until you select the table.
Tobyk

This seems to only work for removing borders between table cells. I can't remove the outer border though.

Thank you very much anyway, I didn't realize I had to select the entire table first.

If you add extra rows & columns, put your note in an interior cell, blank the interior lines and then delete the exterior rows & columns I can get a single cell table with only two outside lines. Can't seem to get rid of them all.

smiley20.gif
Smart!

Too bad it doesn't work as one might think and leave two lines anyway.

Figured out a workaround.
Make a 9x9 cell table
Enter your data in the center cell
Select the entire table and blank all interior borders
Select top and bottom rows, delete
Select left and right columns, delete
You will be left with two lines in your table and your floating text
Here is the trick: Copy your table and paste it, the new table will come in without a border
Delete original table

Top google search let me here, no solution so I am posting it: pro engineer blank table border

Very nice. That works (I did it in WF2).
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I thought I'd leave out a step and delete the outer rows and columns simultaneously. Doesn't work.

natewin, that was a lot of clicks, and i'm still left with
the left and top border lines. is that what u mean by
"...left with two lines in your table.."? then I copy-paste
and still get the same thing.
what am i doing wrong, other than i'm in WF4 :)

Neat Trick

Figured out a workaround.
Make a 9x9 cell table
Enter your data in the center cell
Select the entire table and blank all interior borders
Select top and bottom rows, delete
Select left and right columns, delete
You will be left with two lines in your table and your floating text
Here is the trick: Copy your table and paste it, the new table will come in without a border
Delete original table

Top google search let me here, no solution so I am posting it: pro engineer blank table border

An old post I know but I've never been able to figure out how to do this and then I came across this post. Thank you so much for posting this

An old post I know but I've never been able to figure out how to do this and then I came across this post. Thank you so much for posting this

Oops. Spoke too soon. When I select the remaining cell and do a copy and paste, I get a note not a table. If I make sure to select the entire table (even though it's a single cell) and do a copy and paste, I get a table (single cell) but it still has two borders. I'm using Creo 2.0

I failed to hide the left and top border, but by making the height and width of the remaining cel very small the lines become less noticeable. The text size is not effected by the cell dimensions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back