Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Large format printers

ehoreth

My company has (6) users (4 proe and 2 solidworks)sharing an old HP designjet 600. It takes 20 to 30 minuets to get one line drawing out of it. Forget about any type of rendering or color plot. We have tried upgrading the memory with no real improvment. My question is, is there anything I can do to get better performance out of this plotter or do I need a new plotter? If I were to get a new one what would it be? We average about 10D size prints a day. I don't want to break the bank for such a small number of drawings. Any sugestions?

I recently bought a used HP Designjet 130 with the roll feed option off ebay for about $1500. I am the only user. The front tray feeds everything from 4"x6" up to 18"x24". The roll on the back is D size. It is very easy to switch between the front tray and back roll feed. I use it to print all of my documents regardless of size. Much of print quality is all about the paper. For drawings I use a premium color inkjet bond and get very nice prints. It seems that the reviews rave about the quality output of Epson printers, but I am very impressed with the 130 on photos and renderings. The rolls are only 150' so it may not be enough printer for your number of users (1 roll per week?).

BartN

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back