Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

HELP!! ------> 3d Max to Pro/e

mwsiviero

Does anybody knows the better extension to export 3D Max models to open in Pro/e Wildfire 3?

Thanks in advance for any help!

download a trial version of Rhino. convert 3ds to iges, then iges to pro/e.

good luck,
smiley32.gif

Generally I advise students to go the other way: start your model in ProE and export as STL to 3DS.

3DS doesn't trim surfaces properly in IGES, I've not tried taking from 3DS in IGES, but it's pretty crap at importing IGES.

-AS

Thats how design engine started ... back in 1991 and 1992 we would export proe to 3d studio .... as stl and re import using a converter. 3d studio v1.0

I helped proof 3d studio tutorials form the yost group amiga version of 3dstudio v.9 as the software was ported over to DOS. We thought we we so cool then.

Oh.. you want to go the other way?

Ok.. we do something in Maya thats cool. take a polygon and convert that to SUB'd then nerbs. That nerbs converts via iges nicely into Pro/E. I am sure there is a convert function in MAX now days.

Now if you want to create a parametric model from polygons or worse points in space.... thats my specialty. But that will take more than a post to educate that. And I am not talking about gay old restyle. YES I SAID IT. Restyle and Geomagic is not worth a crap unless you wnat to just milk the sh*t out of the project.

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back