Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

note driven parameters in tables

tbutler

When using a note driven parameter in a BOM table with other string parameters the note driven parameter will cause a carriage return before and after it. In other words if I have three assembly parameters in one cell of a repeat region table with the middle one being the note driven paramter that row of the table will actually be three rows in height compared to the other rows.

Is there any way around this happening? (beside not using a note driven parameter!)

Todd

I don't understand.
smiley1.gif
Could you post a picture to see what are you talking about?

In the below repeat region the description cells all have the following in them:

&asm.mbr.description &asm.mbr.Manu_Number &asm.mbr.Manu

In detail 4 the parameter Manu_Number is a note driven parameter that consists of two parameters and some text. The note actually looks like:

&MAJ_DIA-&PITCH x &d8

where:

&MAJ_DIA is a dimension

&PITCH is a parameter

and of course &d8 is a dimension and the "x" is text.

View attachment 4080

Now is there anyway to avoid it doing this?

Todd

If &asm.mbr.description &asm.mbr.Manu_Number &asm.mbr.Manu are on the same line in thecell and they are not one on top of the other like :

&asm.mbr.description

&asm.mbr.Manu_Number

&asm.mbr.Manu

Then it shouldn't look like that. The text in description cell should be all in line. I don't know why it looks like that. I just tried your repeat region example and with a parameter like yours all text is in line.

What I actually wrote in my relations to have a parameter like yours was:

manu_number=itos(MAJ_DIA)+"-"+PITCH+"x"+itos(d8)

manu_number being a string parameter I need itos to convert those dimensions to strings.

Maybe this is why your table looks like that. How did you wrote a relation to obtain manu_number and why it looks like &MAJ_DIA-&PITCH x &d8 ?

vlad1979 said:
...I need itos to convert those dimensions to strings.

Maybe this is why your table looks like that. How did you wrote a relation to obtain manu_number and why it looks like &MAJ_DIA-&PITCH x &d8 ?

the parameter manu_number is actually a NOTE parameter that reads a note containing &MAJ_DIA-&PITCH x &d8[.2]. I think that is where my problem is. As you see in all of the other lines the description is all in one line and it is ONLY the lines that contain a NOTE parameter that break into three seperate lines.

I will try and duplicate the way that you have done it and see if that will work for my needs.

Todd

EDIT:

I can't get the MAJ_DIA to show. Besides that the length, d8, rounds up from 1.75 to 2. I also need to control the d8 to a two place dimension and the MAJ_DIA needs to show up as a fraction so I am not sure you method will work for me.

Edited by: tbutler

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back