Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dual Dim’s. in Family Table

Den E

Here's a good one for all you gurus out there.

I inherited this job from a neophyte, so be gentle.

A family table was created for a rather simple shoulder pin. The part was created in metric. The family table has all the dim's. in millimeters, of course. When I open the drawing, the family table on the drawing automatically converts to inch dim's., which is fine for the shop. But we would still like to see dual dim's. in the table, for verification purposes. I called PTC support, and they tried to help but claimed that it was not possible.

Good luck on your mission.

View attachment 4049

View attachment 4050
<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape>

I'm not sure how you drawing is converting millimeter dimension into inches.

If you want to display both units in drawing table, you need to create a paramter (in your case, Inch_dim = dxxx / 25.4) and add it to family table.
Inch_dim will be a driven value.

Charles

i doubt the same how can the mm be converted into inches autometically. Den can you please explain this

may be usefull in some cases

sanjeevkar1:

We have tried to figure out how the metric dimensions are automatically converted to inches, but were unsuccessful. The dimensions in drawing mode are configured to be dual dimensions with inches being the primary. Perhaps that has something to do with it? We are perplexed.

But we were able to write a relation and tweak the family table in such a way that we were able to get the drawing table to show both dimensions. Thank you charleskim.

View attachment 4054

That configuration in dtl set to be primary inch is conveting the dimensions in inch. That's why you see the dimensions in inch and not mm like the part.

VLAD1979:

Thanks for the information, Mr. Impaler.

You people have all been very helpful.

Thanks again,

Den E

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back