Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

problem with the extend and merge tab

hfernandes29

Hi ,

i have extruded a flat surface .On top of this surface I have extruded another

cylinder surface. However I just cant merge these 2 surfaces as the merge tab button just blank out.aAlso in case of the extend button as I create a datum surface to extend the created geometry , I just can't extend the created surface to the datum plene as the extend button blanks out. is it because I'm using wildfire 2 or should i make any changes in the config.pro file.

You can't just select the 2 features and click merge, you need to select the 2 quilts and select merge. If you select the feature and then move your mouse you'll see feature entities (edges, individual surfaces) highlight. If you toggle through the selections using your right mouse button you'll see the quilt highlight.

Then, hold down control and grab the other quilt.

It's sometimes easier to just set your smart filter (in the lower right) to 'quilts', however.

Once you have 2 quilts selected you should be able to select the merge button.

The same is true of the extend feature, you need to select an outside edge of a quilt in order to select 'extend'.

be sure both the features are surfaces and are intersecting/touching each other.

now selcetboth the surfaces (press Ctrl)

and click on mearge tab.

it should work this way

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back