Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

A mapkey for plotting...

jelston

I've seen a couple of posting touch on this subject, but they didn't seem to give a definite answer. Anybody have a method of using mapkeys to plot? FYI - I am using an HP DesignJet 500 to plot, so I DONT THINK Pro/E has a pre-loaded driver for this plotter.

PS - What exactly is postscript?

jelston said:
I've seen a couple of posting touch on this subject, but they didn't seem to give a definite answer. Anybody have a method of using mapkeys to plot? FYI - I am using an HP DesignJet 500 to plot, so I DONT THINK Pro/E has a pre-loaded driver for this plotter.

PS - What exactly is postscript?

Postscript or .pcf-file is a file were you can save your installing concerning your printer. When youuse the Quick Print button the MS Printer Manager appears. Press the Configure button and make your setup and then save and get your own"Postscript" or .pcf-file which u can later upload and use all the time.

jelston said:
Sorry i'm slow. Can you explain this postscript thing a little more

Press the printer in Pro Engineer -> Configure -> Then setup what type of format u would like to have etc and then save. Now u got yourself a Postscript/.pcf-file. When you

Okay, I see. However, I think this is where i am having my problem also. My postscript involves MS Print Manager, so my mapkey loses control of the print process. Does that make any sense?

Postscript is a programing language! It is similar to to other programing languages like C, BASIC, Lisp, etc. It is an interpreted language, it is stack based and it is heavily oriented toward graphics. It was originally conceived a a mechanism to control raster imaging devices like laser printers and display screens but can be used for general purpose computing also. Postscript compatible printers used to be expensive and rare but they are very common today.

PCF files are Printer Control Files used by Pro/E so you can set up multiple printer configurations for specific printing tasks. You can make multiple PCF files for the same printer if you want.

Printing with mapkeys is straight forward but you need to have your printers, PCF files, .pnt files, etc. set up first. Once you have your printing working manually then you can automate it with a mapkey.

dr_gallup said:
Postscript is a programing language! It is similar to to other programing languages like C, BASIC, Lisp, etc. It is an interpreted language, it is stack based and it is heavily oriented toward graphics. It was originally conceived a a mechanism to control raster imaging devices like laser printers and display screens but can be used for general purpose computing also. Postscript compatible printers used to be expensive and rare but they are very common today.

PCF files are Printer Control Files used by Pro/E so you can set up multiple printer configurations for specific printing tasks. You can make multiple PCF files for the same printer if you want.

Printing with mapkeys is straight forward but you need to have your printers, PCF files, .pnt files, etc. set up first. Once you have your printing working manually then you can automate it with a mapkey.

Sorry gallup for mixing that one up, hope it didn

mapkey postb @MAPKEY_LABELPlots B size POSTscript output;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `View`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `View.cb_view_advanced`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `View.cb_view_advanced`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_dtmdisp`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `datumdisplay` `DtmDsply_PB_DtmPlanes`0 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `datumdisplay` `DtmDsply_PB_DtmAxes`0 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `datumdisplay` `DtmDsply_PB_CSys`0 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `datumdisplay` `DtmDsply_PB_CrvTags`0 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `datumdisplay` `DtmDsply_PB_SecTags`0 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `datumdisplay` `DtmDsply_PB_Tags`0 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `datumdisplay` `DtmDsply_PB_Ok`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ProCmdViewRefit.view`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `File`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `File.psh_print`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `print` `CascadeButton1`;~ Close `print` `CascadeButton1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `print` `POSTB`;~ Activate `print` `OK`;

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back