Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimension in detailed view

misiek_wro

Hi all,

I have general view with a few diameter dimensions. Now I try transfer that dimensions to detailed view, but option "move item to view" dosen't work. Detailed view includes only part of geometry that has this diameter dimension.

How I can show only a half of dimensions?

When I try remove witnessline i have double arrow.

michal

(WF 3.0)

Sounds like it's time to create a driven dimension. 'Show Dims' does not and will not always work, according to PTC. I was trained NOT to use 'Show Dims' at all, but there are two opposing camps on this philosophy, each of which is quite adamant about their position.

Even if you create the dimension in the drawing it can be moved to the detail view in Wild fire3. which version you are working on

Hi,

I know that it is possible. In 99% I can transfer dimensions from general view to detailed. But now I have offset x-section shown on projected view as Full(Aligned) and next detailed view made from it. And I cannot move diameter dimensions from projected view (with xsec Full(aligned)) to detailed view.

Michal

(WF 3.0 M080)

Edited by: misiek_wro

HI,

Now I have two problems. First is transfer dimensions and second is show dimension on offset x-section shown on projected view as Full(Aligned), because not all dimensions are good projected.

This screen present one view and two sections. First section is "Full" and everything is OK, but second is Full(Aligned) and here is problem. You can see that axis of the right hole dont fit and this is good, but why I cannot show dimension on right hole?

Diemension 32.03 is created from the "hand" not from "show/erase", and We know that is not true.

View attachment 4047

Edited by: misiek_wro

To me that 32.03 dimension is OK. Because as far as I know offset x-section is like an "unbend" it will show the real dimensions...if you know what I mean.

of course, you are right. I was suggested by the documentation which I received from the client, where the dimension 32.03 was projected as 25.

thx
michal

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back