Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hidden line view doesn’t display correct

ronfya

It's getting me mad.

I have a drawing where I try to show some views in hidden lines mode so I go to properties > view display and change the display style to "hidden" and then surprise, no change at all and no hidden lines are displayed. What the hell is going on with this drawing ?
smiley11.gif

ronfya,

perhaps the views have preset values for the display. check the properties of the views to see if they are set to default or to some specific value like hidden.

cheers,

M

ronfya,

What type of views are you trying to change to hidden line. If the views are child views (eg detail views) then they will default and stay with the parent's view status

Kev

EDIT

If this is the case then in View Disp you need to make the details view independant
Edited by: prohammy

prohammy,

it is possible to have different display settings compared to the parent view. In the properties of the additional view you can uncheck the box for the "use parent view style"

cheers,

M

magneplanar said:
prohammy,

it is possible to have different display settings compared to the parent view. In the properties of the additional view you can uncheck the box for the "use parent view style"

cheers,

M

Yep, that's also true

That's the drawing on which I want the parent view (the one below) to display hidden lines (holes).
It's a broken view, don't know if it has something to do with my problem.
View attachment 3705

This is the drawing view panel display of the view.
Note that the option "use parent view style" is greyed out. This is the case for both views on my drawing.
View attachment 3706

What's going on ? Why can't I display hidden lines like I want to ? Any ideas ?
Thanks

Ronfya,

Is the bottom left hand view the initial view in the drawing?

Kev

EDIT

And just checking that that is the view that you want to change to hidden detail
Edited by: prohammy

Yes prohammy

But in the meantime, I solved my problem the hard way, redefining a new view with hidden lines,break it, inserting new projected views and move all my dimensions to them. So problem solved in the facts, but the cause is still unknown. Anyway, if someone has an idea one day ...

Is there a reason whynot make it a section view and cut horizontal thru the center of the holes?
Edited by: arroyopr

A few years late but might help someone!

In Configuration Editor theres an option "Force_wireframe_in_drawings". Set this to "NO" and you'll be able to change the view into whatever you wish.

I think it has something to do with the broken view. I don't make that many broken views but I do recall having a problem manipulating a broken view after I created it. I had to recreate it as well. I guess once you create a broken view it's broken for good.

Bestellen again copies an old post and seems to be here for spamming or some other nefarious purpose.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back