Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Adding hyperlink

red devil

Can anyone tell me how to add a hyperlink to a drawing. I need to have a link that opensan Excel spreadsheet.I have tried it, but proe browser windowopens and the spread sheet is not displayed.

Thnaks in advance.

RD

Works for me. I just inserted a note in the drawing, created a hyperlink to an Excel spreadsheetfile. when I ctrl click on it, it asks whether to open it or save it, when I click on open, it opens in the ProE browser window.

WF 2.0 M220

Is there a way to have a link in a repeat region that opens the part or
part drawing when you click the link? I need a dynamic link that
updates for the current part in the repeat region row.

Thanks,

Jim

I want to direct the user to use specific files that show up on a
report. This way, as they are working on a model, they can simply
open the pertinent drawings to print. We have an assembly that
constantly is updated using a text file and the parts swap in and
out. I am never sure what parts are needed on a given
configuration, so this would make it easier for the user.

Jim

Did anyone figure out how to create a link like conrat is asking for? I would love to be able to do this too.

My company saves each drawing as a pdf when it is released. It would be so sweet to be able to click on a part number in the BOM table to open the pdf for the part. We use a web server to dish out the pdf's so I thought it would be easy. I was so wrong, I can't even set a different hyperlink for each row in the table, Pro only will set the link for the first row.

I was hoping I could put something like:
<div style="margin-left: 40px;">http:\\drawingserver\current_rev ?id=&asm.mbr.name
</div>in for the link, but PRO won't evaluate the parameter or create a link for each row.

Anybody have an idea?

Bryan
WF3.0 m090

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back