Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC University and Browser issues

jabbadeus

Anyone else here having issues with PTC University and accessing course content through their internet browsers?

I upgraded to IE 7 before I found out it was incompatible with PTC U (and WF as well). IE 7 actually worked with PTC U for a while before it stopped. So I uninstalled IE 7 and went back to 6, and now PTC U isn't working with that either.

Today I downloaded Firefox 2.0, and I've found that I can watch the demos from PTC U classes, but the lectures just hang with the message "Transferring data from www.ptc.com..."

Supposedly PTC U will be fixed to work with IE 7 sometime in January, but now that I actually have the time to take advantage of self-development, technology is preventing me.

Awful, awful, awful - does that answer your question. I'm obviously a big fan of pro/e so I was reallystunned at this mess. And the support is the worst (when you can actually reash someone). I haven't tried IE7 but now I don't want to. All I can add is make sure all of the interwise application is installed correctly. Hopefully, with the new cadtrain stuff they've added, there will be some improvement.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back