Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New configuration - problems

MaliMaleni

Greetings...
I am new in this so please have patience.
recently, due to MBO failure I was forced to buy a new MBO with a 939 Athlon64 3500+ (2200 MHz). Since then I`ve reinstalled windows and continued working in ProE, but I have started getting problems. Every time I enter sketch mode and orient to 2d view, ProE gets so annoyingly slow for about 30-40 seconds (CPU usage 95-100% xtop.exe) and then sort of normalizes (running faster but still slower then before). I don`s have that issue when sketch is 3d oriented
My config is
Samsung SyncMaster 740n
Athlon64 3500+ venice 939
MBO Asrock 939DUAL-VSTA
1.5 GB DDR 400
Radeon 9600pro 256DDR AGP
200 GB SATA2 seagate barracuda
Before, I was running ProE on
Samsung SyncMaster 740n
Athlon XP 2400+(2000MHz)
MBO Abit NF7-S rev2.0
1.5 GB DDR 400
Radeon 9600pro 256DDR AGP
200 GB SATA2 seagate barracuda
and didn`t have that problem
I have tried both Pro/Engineer wildfire2 educational and cracked version (using educational because i`m a student and cracked just to ensure it wasn`t educational causing the problem) with no changes, tried changing drivers for MBO and video card
sorry for the long post
and i apologize for my english
any help would be appreciated
--
Oh S*it!!! Did I just say that???http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/post_message_form.asp?FID=11

I new I forgot something
smiley9.gif

WinXP +SP2 integrated

Solved it... just for future references... it was the AGP driver for my MBO that was faulty... I was sure I`ve changed it but I guess I was wrong...
hope this helps solving someones similar problem :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back