Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

file path parameter

vdzwaag

HI all!

I would like to display the file path of the drawing, in the drawing. Is there a parameter that can pick this up automatically (that I could throw in the format), or some other sneaky way to do it?

Do you have a 'start part' ? Do you know how to create parameters in a model?

The only way I can think of doing it is to create a parameter in the model called File_path and give it a value of whatever your file path is and then on your Formats, type in &file_path (put it anywhere on the dwg, including the table) and then when you create a new dwg, it will automatically show up.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I use start parts, and i'm very comfortable working with parameters in models, and associating them to the drawing. I do this quite a bit actually, but I wanted something that wouldn't require me to update the parameter manually every time I moved a file or something. I was hoping that there was a system parameter in the drawing such as &dwg_name or &scale that I wasn't aware of, and that somehow it could pick up the working directory. It seems to me that this would be easy enough for Pro/E to do, but I can't seem to find this elusive parameter (if it exists).

Your welcome!

As far as I know, there isn't one. If there was one, it would probably be under Table, enter text <report sym>, model information and there isn't. I went through all of them and didn't see anything. Your right, it would be very easy for them to do that.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back