Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Involute Gear design

Samson CCH

i have problem in designing involute gear. I had alraedydownload the Pro-E files from mcad library. But shame to say no idea on the design calculation. Can somebody help to draw involute gear OD- 16mm. Another OD - 25mm. Both need to match for rotation purpose. Thanks.

Dear Samson,

To define a gear (assuming metric), you need further details like module, pressure angle etc. considering the above OD and a module of say 1 and a pressure angle of 20 deg, you will have a PCD of 14 and 23. In this case the number of teeth would be 14 and 23 for a module of 1. giving a ratio of 14:23.

Since the number of teeth is less than 17 for a pressure angle of 20 deg., you are going to have an undercut............

If your intent is to design a gear pair mechanism, there is no need to MODEL a gear.
smiley2.gif
You can define it as a gear pair in mechanism. However for interference checking, you may have a surface for OD and include the same for the analysis.

I can send you a Powerpoint given at the 2005 World Event...

Creating Gears and Splines: 3 Methods for Generating
True Involute Curves

Send me an email.

Samson CCH,

I wish you learn what you asked for but you have posted the new topic in the wrong forum. This should have been posted in Modeling forum.

Israr

Hacks said:
I can send you a Powerpoint given at the 2005 World Event...

Creating Gears and Splines: 3 Methods for Generating
True Involute Curves

Send me an email.

Hi Hacks,

please send also an email to : [email protected]

Many thanks in advance!

Peka

Friends....

Where there is no further input to the topic, any requests to any particular person can be sent thru Private Message (PM) appearing at the bottom of each post. The requests themselves need not be posted.

I am posting this so that any further requests can be sent directly to the author.

Would it be too much to ask that you people PM for emails? If anyone has one iota of info to post to this forum re gear design it is welcome.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back