Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pattern Table in Part Family Table

saspinall

Seen in a part when I'm creating a family table that one of the selections is for a Pattern Table. I know how to create a pattern table but how do you use them within the family table

Stu

Pattern tables are best for semi-random patterns of features or components.

If your different instances require different semi-random patterns of features/components then you need add the pattern table to the family table and create additional pattern tables to swap in the family table.

Beware: choose a feature/component that is common to all patterns as the first member or you will have to add its dimensions to the family table as well because the pattern table does not contain information about the first member.

DB

Cheers Dell_Boy

I actually found the answer on a tips site found thru searching on google. Create one pattern table and make sure it works ok, then go to Edit > Pattern Table and create a new one. This opens up the pattern table editor with the same dimensions as the first pattern table. Then when in family table, add the pattern, picking the option to add pattern table to the family table, which is using the first pattern table. In your instance under the column for the pattern table feature you can then type in the name of the second table. Verify instances and hey presto it works !!

Stuart

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back