Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Offset lines - exploded view

dross

I'm having a problem with offset lines extending beyond the part. Using axis as the selection criteria. It seems to be a random thing.

I can't modify the lines to elminate the extra length either.

Any ideas?

WF2.0, M180, XP PRO, NVIDIA QUADRO FX 3400/4400, 2 Gb RAM

You say you use the axis selection, but do you picking axis or the surface of hole?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

you will have better chance of eliminating the extra length if you use hole axis.

I still get this all the time even if I use hole axis. it most time that the two part or in front of each other if looking at a front view.

I'm using the surface of the hole or screw.

Since it happens to you even when using the axis, it sounds like a bug in ProE since I'm not the only one experiencing this and it seems to be random.

I would agree but you can reduce it by use of axis and moving the part to one side or the other so there not in front of each other.

/

Hey there,

I hope i understand it right : sometimes the line is not straight but extends in the wrong direction of the exploded direction.

I always use the axis. I think it depends on the point where you click it. If you click it on the side of the explode direction it wont switch over to the other side.

Check the leet powerpointing to explain

View attachment 2470

View attachment 2471

View attachment 2472

Sorry about the colors, it's hard to see the geometry with my normal backround colors. It's from an imported STEP file, can't change thecolor of the model to where it appears normally.

As you can see the line extends beyond the bottom of the lower part, but without ajog as in your image above. If I try modifying the line, I cannot drag it back to the edge of the part.

I just tried re-creating the line using the axis rather than the surface, with the same result.
Edited by: dross

Ah ok. Maybe its due to the step
smiley5.gif

Have you tried surface normal to surface normal between the two parts just to see what the result is?

Nick

It happens with native ProE models too.

No, didn't try the surface option. I hate using the surface option!
smiley19.gif

Ya, some times it happens with no reason! This you can avoid by using the axis one side and "surface normal" optionon the other side.

Thanks

Ya that was a bit cool. you should have say it like <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks for the help but I'm unable to send out company files because there proprietary.

pmack009 said:
Ya that was a bit cool. you should have say it like <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

Thanks for the help but I'm unable to send out company files because there proprietary.

Yes mother.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back