Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Picking Entities or dimensions problem

saspinall

Anyone having any problems with Wildfire 2 M160 wit picking entities in drawing view or picking dimensions to move them. We had a problem a while back and found a thread relating to the config option pick_aperture_radius which we have set but it seems as though it needs to be different setting for each machine.A lad has got a new Dell Precision 670, same as mine, but he can't get a setting to work for him and is getting pretty frustrated with the whole setup. Mine is set to .5 and even though it's not ideal, it works ok but when he sets it to .5 and tries to pick entities etc its starts to draw a white box.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Stu

There is a problem with being able to select, especially in detail mode, on some systems with a USB mouse.
This can be corrected by using a USB to PS2 adapter or switching to a PS2 mouse.

Give that a shot - it worked miracles for me.

CHEERS WALT

You have made one pro-e designer very very happy and have stopped him from being institutionalised.

Your solution worked a treat with the USB mouse

Stu

One would think that a mouse sends screen coordinates to the system and that the system determines from there what objects are to be found in that position. Whether it is a ball mouse, stylus, optical device or whatever. Looks like this is one more thing ProE does the ProE-way ...

But at least there's a workaround !

Alex

Opened a Call with PTC and got a reply that it has all been resolved from Wildfire 2.0 datecode M220 so if you are having problems with a USB mouse, either use a ps2 adaptor or upgrade to M220.

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

PTC Reply :-
<DIV>regarding the call 5273951: "picking entities or dimensions in detail mode", several identical issues have been raisedto report difficulties to select items with USB mouse.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>R&D fixed the issue with SPR 1192808 in Wildfire 2.0 M220, you may want to test in this datecode to compare the performance in selection.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> ------------------------------------------------------------ -----------</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Stuart</DIV>

This is late and I see you solved the problem already but some time setting the selection filter to entity will make picking a little better
/<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back