Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How 2 modify GD&T attached 2 a dimension

In Wildfire, move your cursor over the GTOL. Wait for the popup window to show the feature, then right-click until the popup shows the GTOL. Then left-click to select the GTOL. Right-click again and either select"Properties" to modify it, or "Delete".

Another way is to change the selection filter to "Geometric Tolerance", then select the GTOL and right-click. Select either "Properties" to modify it, or "Delete".

In wildfire-2 double click the GD&T block to modify,

to delete just left click the block and press the Delete from Key board

sohail abbas,

My problem was selecting the GD&T block when itwas attached to a dimension,

Thanks anyway, I apreciate the help.

Hi

Select ERASE tab in SHOW/ERASE option and select GTOL button to erase the GTOL in the specified View or part, which is attached to dimension.

If u want to delete GTOL, Query select the GTOL text and delete from keyboard or use right click>>Delete.

If u want to modify, Go to part mode and edit the feature whose dimension has GTOL and query selct the GTOL alone and right click>>Properties.

Hope this may help u.

Gustavo,

read your question you have wrote that

"how to modify or delete a GD&T block that is attached to a dimension? "

Any way to select the table, move the cursor over the table it will be highlighted, or you can select through quety select or through show/erase.

I have had the same problem. I hover, right click and get the properties for the dimension and not the Gtol. The best way to get the properties for the Gtol I've found is to right click and hold to select the "select from list" option. This will pop up a window allowing you to select the Gtol and then right click to properties.

In WF 2, the selection filter is located at the bottom right of the screen. Choose "Geometric Tolerance" then you can select the g-tol. Right click and select "Properties" to modify, or "Delete" to delete.

works like a charm

This worked like a charm - Thanks so much!
~steph

I have had the same problem. I hover, right click and get the properties for the dimension and not the Gtol. The best way to get the properties for the Gtol I've found is to right click and hold to select the "select from list" option. This will pop up a window allowing you to select the Gtol and then right click to properties.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back