Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Change Mechanism Slider Direction

JONGPC

I have assembled a simple slider mechanism but the slider motion direction is opposite of what I need. How do I change the direction of the slider.

I have tried flipping the arrow when I assembled the second part but then the assembly is incorrect.I assembled the first part in the default position and alsoassemble the first part 180 deg. form the default position. The slider icon still points in the opposite direction of what I need.

Bottom line: Mechanism works great, it just goes in the opposite direction.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

JONG

Hi JONGPC. You have to show more details .. or sent some pictures of your mechanism and the best way whould by the Zipped assembly. Try to chceck the whole mechanism for interference. The flipping of arrows must takes a effect so it is weird that it isn't work. or just try to set the connections with negative number.

good luck
smiley1.gif

Thanks for the help "MIKO"!

Your "negative number" did it for me. I was able to get the drawer to move the correct direction by using negative numbers, but still had the problem of starting in the open position and not the closed position.

Imagine a drawer mechanism that I want to make move. As assembled the Mechanism starts with the drawer open and closes. I need the action to start with the drawer closed and open.

I re-assembled the first part in the assembly with the "Slider" icon pointing to "close" the drawer to point to "open"the drawer. That solved the problem.

Thanks again!

JONGPC

Hi JONGPC. I think that you need "One-Analysis" kind of mechanism in "Repeated Assembly" mode. For example:
As you will see on the uploaded figure there are so many servo motors configured, how many moves are required in analysis of mechanism. As first think, please take a look at the animation and than on the picture of Analysis Definition.
Let's take a look at the chucking head: For simple one-way "ramp" positioning of one tooth (from three teeth) of head was required one servo motor. The one servo motor was useful only for one way inching of tooth, but for reverse move of mentioned tooth is necessary>
- The second analysis (this is useful for Pro/Animation module)
- or another servo motor inserted to the same connection but in fliped position.

So, how many reverse moves you need, so many analysis are needed as well. And please do not forget at the sinusoidal function of servo motor. This is very useful and pretty simple stuff in MDX module. Very important is the "Timing of mechanism" and necessary for you as well.
As you will see on the next figure, there is example of one-Analysis mechanis and important things ofr you are highlighted in red rectangles.

View attachment 2302

And here is the mentioned animation and picture of Analysis Definition of reverse mechanism. There is a simplified cutting machine for cast models (in yellow colour)

2006-05-23_080158_Upload.rar\

GOOD LUCK!
smiley2.gif

Edited by: Miko

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back