Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Intralink Internal Error on Laptop

MillerJ127

I have 13 Dell desktop computers running Intralink just fine. I just purchased a Dell M90 laptop & loaded all the same software as on my desktops. But on the laptop I cannot checkin anything if it is been modified in Pro/E. If I just change the Revision level I can checkin fine.

I get an error message reading "Internal error, please refresh the data or restart Pro/Intralink." Then I get one reading "Pro/Intralink has detected an internal error. Pleas Contact Technical Support for assistance. Technical Support will require a detailed description of the actions preceeding this message. Data may also be required. PDMc_Checkin::ExecutePreTriggers already fired."

I have already deleted the .proi directory, checked for errors in the proi.log & get nothing.

Has anyone seen this before??? I have talked with PTC endlessly with no hope there so far.

I'm running a DELL M60 intralink 3.4 dat code M011.. can check new files in with no trouble. check your java 2runtime enviroment should be at least 1.4.2_06 not sure if that is it, but I've ran into several things in wildfire that did not work until I upgraded the java runtime

Thanks for the suggestion lslattery, but it is updated to the latest version of Java.

PTC thinks it is a Trigger problem, but I keep telling them I do not have any Triggers created.

I also have a problem added my FLEXlm license server. When I try adding a Single License Server it gives me an error reading; "Warning: No FLEXlm licenses were detected at the specific location. Please verify that a FLEXlm server process is running on the specified host. Also verify the server port numberswere specified correctly." It is the exact same server as all other computers here are configured for.

PTC told me to copy a proilink.bat file from a working computer, but I believe that this is a result of my checkin issue.

One thing to check is the regional settings on your OS level (in the controlpanel). Change the "decimal marker" from a comma to a dot, fire upintralink and try to check in.

Can you ping the licenseserver and the intralink server using hostname (not IP)? If that works, can you ping your laptop from the license-/intralinkserver using hostnam (not IP)? If IP works but hostname does not or if none works, it's your network settings playing with you. If both works, check if you can ping your fileserver (if separated from the dataserver) and the opposite, ie to ping from the fileserver to your laptop. Next step,if you have dynamic IP, ask your IT to give you a fixed IP (they don't like it, but tell them it's temporary) for the laptop and try the ping action again. When successfull, try checking in.

- I guess if you spoke to PTC, they should have told you to test this already...

It is 'funny' that the decimal marker = dot (.) did not work. It's a classical error on new machines. Not to be mean, but did you check, they look the same almost (.) and (,). Worth double-checking... After setting the "dot", try firing intralink up and then resave the models from proe. Maybe this will revert the decimals todots in the file (not sure here how this option affects the inner logistics of the proefile, but worth trying).

I have this exact same problem with my M90. So far calls to PTC have only yielded a recommendation to reinstall the OS. Has anyone made progress on this issue?

Acting on a tip from PTC support, I found a program called "Embassy Trust Suite by Wave Systems" in my Add/Remove Programs list. I ran the uninstall routine on this program, rebooted the PC, and now I can check-in modified objects.

I had to remove "Embassy Trust Suite by Wave Systems" from my new Dell M6300 laptop in order for the ProI 3.4 install wizard to recognize my FLEXlm license server.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back