Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Slow renderings!

M Woodhams

Hi All<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have started to get into Pro-rendering and am getting frustrated with the rendering time.

What is the best way to quicken up the rendering time? Do I need to change hardware? Or is there a 'set up' I can change to optimise my system.

My current system has:

P4 3.4 GHz Processor

2 Gig or RAM

ATI FireGL V3100 128MB DDR graphics card

Cheers in advance

Max

your hardward looks good.. althought ARX actually takes advantage of miltiprocessors.. are you using ARX?

As for optomising your system? well, make sure hyperthreading is enabled on your CPU, other thatn that..

the important thing about renderig is to preview.. use the lowest possible setting with the lowest possible resolution (using the render to output window option) which still allows you to make the judgment call on the final outcome. once you are satisfied - turn up the settings and let it off!

renderign time depends highly on model complexity adn scene complexity - more lights - more time, more parts - more time.suppress parts you cannot see

James

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back