Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wooden Texture for a part

sandeepmakam

Hello guys...

I have been using proE for about an year now.. not really experienced with it , but can manage decently... I need to give one of my part models a wooden texture so that it really looks like wood when it is rendered using pro Photorender or Photolux...

When i go to view -> Colours and Apperances .. and try to add this new texture, i am unable to do anything worth... are there any texture files that can be downloaded from some site?

I shall be really grateful if someone can please tell me how i need to go about giving my model the wooden texture that i need to give.

Thanks in advance..

cheers,
makam.

Or are there any texture file libraries stored in the system itself ? if yes, please do tell me about them. What file format (extension) do these files have ?

Hi and welcome to the forum. First thing is that you must have installed PTC GRAPHICS.LIBRARY and than you will be able to set some texture. Those textures from PTC are the great because they are in tx3 format which fully supported the "Bump map" rendering.. Many wooden textures are free on any sites which you can find with google.com. But mostly they are in JPEG or BMP and not in tx3 ... the newest Wildfire 3 fully support the lwa textures ..

For example you can see what is the bump mup texture with combination of two and same wooden tx3 textures.

http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30 321&PN=1

Good luck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back