Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-E wildfire shutting down

motardracer

Hello,

I have been having a problem with Pro-E shutting down prematurely, or blinking out here at work for years now! I have tried numerous times to try to solve this.

Initially the problem occured when creating complicated rounds during regeneration, etc. In the last few years I have convinced my IT guy to upgrade our computers with P4 3.2, 1GB memory computers, and we now use ATI fire GL5100 video cards. We run Windows XP Service Pack 2.This solved most of our problems.

However, as lazy as I am, I like to leave my Pro-E sessions up overnight with all of the components and assemblies up so that I can jump right back into things in the morning.A lot of times this will cause Pro to blink out when I have kept things up for a long time. My question is: Is Pro sucking up all of my memory somehow, causing Pro to lock up, and blink out? I have kept an eye on my physical memory using task manager in the past, and it didn't seem to be the problem??

Is there a way to determine why Pro shuts down?

Thanks for any help that you can provide,

Bill

Hello there,

If Pro shuts down (crash) , it should generate a file by name "std.err".

Is the file generated? It is in the same directory as the "Proi.log" files.

see what is in the std.err....

We will take it forward...I have had some good experiences recently on solving the Pro shut downs..

Good Luck

Hello Hari,

I couldn't find the file for my latest shutdown, but I have been saving the trail files from the blinkouts, and matched a few up to std.err files. Here is what I found:

2/24/06 (1MB trail file):RAISING SIGNAL : Signal number : 11

1/31/06 (3MB trail file): RAISING SIGNAL : Signal number : 11

1/23/06 (5.6MB trail file): RAISING SIGNAL : Signal number : 11

I'm sensing a pattern here!! Does the error make any sense to you?

Thanks,

Bill

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back