Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Yet another Spur Gear modeling question.

Scott_M

At my last job I had a document that was the easiest way to create spur gears using curves from equation. All you had to do was copy and past the formula into the Equation editor and it would generate the involute curve. All you had to do was change the Diametral pitch number and the number of teeth and you were good to go. It had equations for both adding and removing material for both inside and outside gears.

I seam to have lost this document (can't remember if it was a word document or a PDF) and I seam to remember getting it from this website.

If anyone happens to have this document I would really appreciate getting it again. It was the best thing for gears since sliced bread!!:cool:

Thanks in Advance!

Scott Monday

alpha = t*sqrt(D_O^2/(4*r_b^2)-1)
r = r_b*sqrt(1+alpha^2)
theta = 180/pi*(alpha-pi/180*atan(alpha))
z=0

Hi Scott,
I am also interested in the document that you mentioned for spur gears with equations.
I read the answer from Geneg and it does create the curve but it does not cover number of teeth etc.
If you come across the document that you were looking for could you please post it here.
Thanks, Peter

I found two models on line at this website. I found the exact equations listed above in the curves that are created by equation. For some unknown reason, there is a model for gears with less than 43 teeth and another for gears with 43 teeth and more. Hope this helps.

Free pro/engineer part model library

Hi Moldman, thanks for the gear parts. They are just what I wanted.
The equations are the same as the one provided by Geneg, so a thank you to him also.
Peter.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back