Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Size of a plate to appear in automatic BOM

Rajeev

I have a bracket which is a weldment, I want the size of each welded plate to appear in the automatic BOM, I am finding it difficult to include it in the BOM. (Eg-1750x800x12).

First of all, I hope you are planning to put size in as part description NOT as model name.

LENGTH = ITOS(d15) [where 'd15' is the dimension for length]

WIDTH = ITOS(d16) [where 'd16' is the dimension for width]HEIGHT = ITOS(d17) [where 'd17' is the dimension for height]

description=BRACKET, + LENGTH + x + WIDTH + x +HEIGHT

Of couse you will need to have 'description' in your BOM.

Good luck

Charles

If you want the part size to be measured according to specific csys axes and xyz sizes put to part's parameters, you have to write a toolkit application. This is very expensive.

But there is a company somewhere, which produces a shell for easy writing on top of Pro/E (http://www.buydesignautomation.com/). Take a look at what they offer.

lpP

p-AdvancedBOM can compute this automatically for you during extraction of the BOM. It will export directly to MS-Excel, ASCII/CSV, Databases and XML.

You can also specify BASIC MASSPROPS and the set material name as well as Dx, Dy, Dz model size measurements - amongst other specialized functions.

If you are working with sheet metal models, you can also extract the material thickness, inner and outer profile lengths, and some other interesting information.

p-AdvancedBOM is located at:

http://www.buydesignautomation.com

Hope this helps.

Dave

Charleskim,

Your solution to this problem is very attractive but I could not manage it. Can anyone help me by elaboratiing this solution.

Israr

I needed today a relation similar to this one posted here by Charleskim.

I need to show Width x length x height in BOM

Charleskim your relation is OK. Need itos to convert dimensions to string but there is something missing:
smiley2.gif

length= ITOS(d15)

width= ITOS(d16)

height= ITOS(d17)

size=Width+"x"+length+"x"+height

then add &asm.mbr.size in BOM

Need " to make them work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back