Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Java.exe won’t die (J-link)

pageld

After a couple of months of figuring out how to manipulate J-link, I got it to do what I wanted it to
smiley32.gif

However, now after I run it, Java.exe remains running in the system and consumes 95% of the cpu and doesn't even do anything. If Pro is shut down, it goes away and everything resumes to normal.

I use the java com.ptc.pfc.Implementation.Starter command in the environment variables to get it going.

CPU: P4 2.8GHz
Pro/E 2001
Java JDK 1.4.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Dave

I have the same problem. I already asked it more than a year ago to PTC, but they did not come over with a solution.A SPR was started:

SPR1097636. This SPR has the following severity: HIGH.

The issue description is:
With no-graphics async applications the xtop uses 99% of cpu, even after a Disconnect. When asynchronously disconnecting to Pro/ENGINEER, the CPU is shown to max out even though nothing is happening.

I reasked PTC now, what the status is, I will let you know what they say. Nevertheless if you have a supportcontract ask PTC. The more asking about this problem, the faster they come over with a solution

Frederik

Thanks.

I figured it would be something like that. I did get around it by using
Code:
System.exit(1);
in the java.

It does bring up an error saying the program didn't stop well, but it did kill the JVM

Code:
System.exit(1);

smiley5.gif

Pro/ENGINEER runs several tasks after you have clicked Exit.
I know of some tasks which will not work/run if you use System.exit within your Java App..

e.g.
Creation of the mc_metrics file.
Saving browser favourites.

So be aware of a (self-made) malfunction with Pro/ENGINEER.

What build of pro/e are you running. Is it one that requires the timeout patch? I've seen that happen on unpatched systems.

Carl

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back