Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Graph tool function - displacement

joninwales

i currently have an armmechanism working in all 3 planes. i would like to produce a graph showing the change in position of one of the arms. the arm only moves along two of the planes. i can plot the displacement, but would really like to be able to plot the change relative to the co-ordinate system.

so i would have a start position relative to co-ord sys. and then afinish position relative to co-ord sys. with the graph of the positions in between.is this possible?not sure if i have explained properly, but hopefully some one can help!

any input welcome!

thanks!

This is from Help in WF 2:
<H1>To Graph Measure Results</H1>

Before you can graph measure results, you must run an analysis, or restore results from a previous analysis. If you select certain evaluation methods for dynamics measures, you must create the measure before you run the analysis.

1. <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered>
    Click Mechanism > Measures or
    button_graph.gif
    . The Measure Results dialog box appears.
    <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered>
    From the Graph Type option list, click either Measure vs. Time or Measure vs. Measure.
    From the list of available measures, select one or more measures for which you want to graph results. For measure vs. measure graphs, select a measure for the X axis and one or more measures for the Y axis of the graph.
    Under Result Set, select one or more analysis result sets from the current session that you want to use.
    If you want to use a saved result set, click
    i_button_file.gif
    and select a saved results file from the Select Playback File dialog box.
    If you selected multiple measures or multiple result sets, choose a display method:
    <UL>
    <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Subbulleted>
    If you want to display each graph as a separate figure, select Graph measures separately.
    <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Subbulleted>
    If you want to display all of the graphs on one figure, do not select the Graph measures separately check box. </LI>
Click
button_graph.gif
to display the graph.</LI>[/list]
If this is the first time in this session that you are graphing a measure for a result set, Mechanism Design displays the progress of the measurement in the bottom bar of the model window. When the measure results are complete, the Graphtool window appears.

If you want to stop the measurement calculation, click
    i_button_proestop.gif
    on the bottom bar of the model window. The Measure Results dialog box appears.
    If you want to select options for the graph, click
    i_button_grformat.gif
    on the Graphtool window.
    If you want to save the measures results as a table file, click File > Export Text on the Graphtool window.</LI>
Note: If you graph multiple measures or multiple result sets, the format of the saved data may change.

If you want to print the graph, click
    i_button_print.gif
    on the Graphtool window and fill out the Print dialog box.
    If you want to simultaneously view an analysis playback and track the value of your measure, when the measurement calculation is complete, close the Measure Results dialog box, but do not close the Graphtool window. </LI>
Return to previous.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back