Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mechanism challenge

Israr

here is a very interesting challenge. A robotic arm should move in space to pick an oject (from say point A) and move it in space and place it at another point (say point B).

Can this be done in WF 2.0 or WF 3.0 using MDO full license.

Just to discuss the most difficult is the gripping and ungripping. Using planer connection with friction enables it can be gripped but how to switch between the planer connection and the 6 DOF connection for the object to be moved.

Would like to share my work with ProE experts here.

Israr

yes, it can help but you know that it is no more available in Wildfire 3.0

I have clearly stated that using MDO license.

Anybody else accepting this challenge.

Israr

Hi Israr .. Why is Mechanica in WF 3.0 no more available ?This information isscary me ....

Ifyou alreadz have this info soHere you can see what is new in WF3 2006-04-07_122946_What_is_new_in_WF3.0.zip

or just take alook at this site ... there is one video about Mechanica in WF 3.0

http://www.rmeng.com/index_files/page0005.html

I would like to responseon your challenge but I have not enought experiences in MDX to create something like that
smiley5.gif
.. Sorry Israr.. But I have to say that this is very interesting challenge..

Michal M.
Edited by: Miko

Mechanica Structural and Thermal will still be in WF 3.

What Israr meant I think is that Mechanica Motion is
no longer available in any Wildfire release. If I remember
correctly, MDO replaced it.

Miko,

Hacks is correct, I meant Mechanica otion is no more available. And this is not good as MDO is still not mature enough to handle such problems. 3D Contact, belt, flexible bodies, and much more are still to be covered in MDO.

Mechanica motion was started to compete ADAMS but MDO stands baby in front of ADAMS, LMS DADS, and SIMPACK.

Hacks,

Will you please look into my challenge.

Israr

I did a robotic arms motion in the past in mechanism and we tried to do some analysis on it using Mechanica Motion back in 2001, however I ran into several issues. Because of the number of DOF you have to make some assumptions which you cannot do if you need full movement of each joint. What I ended up doing was making the path that I wanted as a datum curve and than did a point and follower to simulate the path, that way I could see if the arm was capable of the motion that we wanted it to follow. After tweaking the path so that the arm would go along the path I was than able to put measurements on joints and points. It is probably not the desireable way to do so but it was all we had at the time.
Just think about trying to assemble a robotic arm with Joints and you will see the difficulty in this.

Hi Israr ...have you already tried to make that robot ? ... it would be great to makethe robot like this one >

http://www.antenen.com/htdocs/frame.html?gclid=CL31kqnU4IsCF R5LQAod8Be4Wg

[url]http://www.fanucrobotics.cz/products/robots/list.asp?applica tion=0&payload=0&reach=0&deprecated=0&submit .x=21&submit.y=10[/url]

... I will do diplomaproject in next one year and I thought, it would be great challenge for me to make some modernization of therobot ..I am planning to make a FEA analyses of each one part of the robot .. but am not sure if I am able to do that.. I have no problem to make skeletonassembly and than apply connection and define the whole motion of the robot but there is still problem for me to make an optimalization withhelpof theFEA and BMX module to define stresses and loads in all parts of the robot ... have you ever try to do somethingthat ?
Edited by: Miko

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back