Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WANKEL-Engine

Miko

Hi all.. I was trying to animate this special kind of engine but without good result. The main problem isdefine the generating (hobbing)connection between pinion gearand special triangular gear with internal gearing. I was trying to> define cam follower, cam connection,general motion with combination of cylindrical and planar motion.. but still without any result
smiley5.gif
.. And here is another thing what Ido not understand> On this site http://www.keveney.com/Wankel.htmlyou can see gif animation of this motion but when Iwas trying to create same assembly and define the mentionedconnectionsIhad many defectsduring motionanalysis (kinematics). I dont understand how can works this arms which are painted with blue color. I thought that I am able to create pinion and main gear assembly and than just create after motion analysis the TRACE CURVE of one vertex of triangular part but it doesnt works because there must be defined bearing connection (I think). Here you can see more pictures of my assembly:

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30 442&PN=1&TPN=2[/url]

Here you can see my assembly but housing is only fiction because I dont know how exactly it can look like.

View attachment 2091

Also you can see the extruded surfaces as main cylindrical gears shapes (I used it for cam connections).

Here are all parts of my assembly>

2006-04-06_095225_W-1.zip

2006-04-06_095358_W-2.zip

Does anybody know how can I solve my problem please ? Any tips or methods are welcome.

Regards> Michal M.

Hi ecosgriff. I very appreciate your offer. Thank you very much .. Now I can see that I hadtoo littleinformations about principials ofWankel engine
smiley36.gif

Regards:

Michal M.

mckrajnc1234,

Housing is not part of the mechanism. It can be adjusted where ever it best fits.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back