Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Anyone having any issues with WF 3.0 yet

Moroso

Been using WF 3.0 only now for alittle over a week now and haven't had any big issues just a couple of little ones. It's been very stable vs. WF 2.0 b190.

I was told by a PTC tech that in the first build 010 we will be able to call up WF 3.0 parts in WF 2.0 but all the features that were created in WF 3.0 will be read only in WF 2.0, all WF 2.0 features can be fully modified.

I can't wait to see if that is true, if it is it will be a huge help on my part.

Does anyone have issues with WF 3.0

exploding assemblies in drawings is still ridiculously slow and painful and the interface has changeda little bit in assembly mode

There are quite a few bugs. Two I have experienced are:

1) It does not read .pcf files when plotting.
2) PDF generation does not handle reduced text width.

I only opened one drawing and found 2 bugs, how many more do you think there are?

How many more drawings have you got to open???
smiley36.gif

<tg>

I've had WF3 for about a week and noticed that it takes a lot longer to save models VS WF2. I know it's not the search path thing because I don't have any.

Other than that I haven't noticed anything bad. Some of the new functionality is nice, especially the shaded drawing views and PDF button.

To my surprise WF 3.0 M010 is delaying too much. I remember M010 for WF 2.0 came earlier as well as the first maintenance for WF came sooner.

Israr

I have found it generally slower than WF2 even though its apparently faster.
I hate the new assembly dialogs.

Pdf creation removes any shaded views on a multi sheet drawing other than the active sheet at the time of creation.

Biggest gripe so far though is UDF handling. I have a whole bunch of API thread blanking geometry saved as UDF's in metric. Occasionaly I use these on an imperial part and choose the 'scale dimensions' feature. Putting 1/25.4 into WF2 would take the scaling factor entered to 10 or more decimal places yielding a nice accurate conversion.
eg 1/25.4=0.0393700787
WF3 however, rounds this factor down to 2 decimal places ie 1/25.4=0.04
smiley7.gif
. giving a result that is far enough out dimensionaly to scrap the part !

Does PTC offer updates to newer builds for free? I have M020 of WF3 Student Edition. I have to work with relations window open constantly. However, 1 out of 3 times that I drag the relations window to different spot on screen WF3 freezes! This is a terrible bug in my situation.

Anyway, how does one get newer builds?

I have a Core2 Duo, 1G ram, ATI X1900 grapics. Windows XP Pro.

Please tell me about why this kind of problem might be graphics card or memory related.
Edited by: 2ms1

@2ms1
I have M020 WF 3, and I don't have any problems with relations window.
This as it was said could be graphic card problem. ATI graphic cards are not good at OpenGL, which is ProE base, so they have a lot problems when you use them for CAD, especially for ProE.

You could try with this config option:
thermo_position_hint NO_WINDOW_OVERLAP

if this doesn't help, then try different drivers for your graphic card.
Check this site, there you have various drivers, and some of them are adjust for better performance in openGl

I don't believe the student edition has a maintenance fee. You get what you get when you buy it. The only ay to get a newer build is IF PTC prepares one for sale and then you have to buy another copy.

I just installed WF3.0 and I'm having a weird problem with my mouse (Logitech MX1000). I can't use the middle mouse button, the program doesn't respond to it for some reason. I've tested it web browsers, and it seems to work fine. I am confused.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back