Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Anyone have a UDF for NPT threads

bjohnso2

I am looking for a UDF to make NPT Internal and External cosmetic tapered threads. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian Johnson

Brian,

Not yet, it is one of the things on my to do list. I too would love to pick up the UDF's from someone else.

Curtis

Hello Folks,

I have recently just figured out the proper way to do this in Pro/E, and yes I do have a UDF with instances of each common standard INCH NPT's if your interested.Let me your e-mail address and i'll send them to you. Only one thing though...my UDF is currently in Wildfire 2.0 so you'll probably need thatversion of the softwareto use it.

Thanks arroyopr! Those work really well. How do you keep the edges of the surface from being the light magenta color?

gcook, I would be interested in seeing you technique also.

rcamp said:
Thanks arroyopr! Those work really well. How do you keep the edges of the surface from being the light magenta color?

I beelive that's the defualt color for surface, But you can always can change it, if you wish, it's under display setting/system colors/ look for the manufacturing volume and just adjusted, that's another way to get rid of those anoying igs models color. I don't know you have notice them on the dwg. They drive me crazzy. Everything is white except the igs if you have any on the assembly.

If anyone is requesting from me the files, there're uploaded in this thread. There's no need for e-mail's. Just keep in mind that is WF3 comercial lic.

Regards
smiley2.gif

Thanks for the UDF. Now I see how you did it. To make a tapered cosmetic thread you have to have a tapered hole. You cant do it on a straight hole. I wonder if it is possible with a straight hole.

Bob

By the way, I have UDF's (family tabled) of other port styles if anyone is interested. Some with threads, some without. SAE, BSPP, Iso 6149 o-ring and spotface sealing, JIS (japanese industrial standard)

bobbailey said:
Thanks for the UDF. Now I see how you did it. To make a tapered cosmetic thread you have to have a tapered hole. You cant do it on a straight hole. I wonder if it is possible with a straight hole.

Bob

Are you talking about external or internal threads? Becuase i don't need a taper hole for tapered threads

View attachment 2643

plus is just a properly dim. revolve surface representing the threads
Edited by: arroyopr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back