Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Again Problem with Building Apps

bluemind

Hi all,

i am new to pro/ttolkit and i am testing sample apps provided by PTC. But they work properly only when i build them with nmake.. But when i build with VC++ 6 .. i am able to build but pro/e does not start my app at all (i mean Aux App-> Start).. it fails..

can any body help on this.. i am literally finding difficult to build apps with nmake

PS.. I have given proper linkage files like protoolkit.lib.. etc

Thanks

Hi Ranga,

Go to Command prompt> cd to \proeWildfire2\protoolkit\i486_nt\obj>nmake -f make_install or make_geardesign

It will work for you...if not clear i will give details on monday.

With regards

Kishore V

i know about these nmake options.. but i need it to be build on VC++ 6 .. Have you got a ready made project template with you which can be used for Pro/Toolkit apps to be built in VC++ 6

Hi Ranga,

For creation of exe based application:

Create a Win32console application type in Vc++ 6.0.

Add a simple .c file in the source folder.

Go to projcet>Setting>Link General>

add protoolkit.lib mpr.lib ws2_32.lib libc.lib in the libs tab...remember that there need a one space left in between the libs...

Add your Options>Directories>Add your Pro-E>Protoolkit>Obj> as in the Libraries.

Add again Headers> Pro-E>ProToolkit>Includes> ...

I think now your sample application links and application will run.

I think you know preparing .dat file and registry ...etc.

I hope i understand your problem....let me know what else your are expecting.

With regards

Kishore

Well kishore . Thanks on that. But i have already made all the settings u've said..
I even get the .exe compiled & linked successfully. But even then it not starting in proe

Also i have given proper setting in protk.dat. but every thing in vain

For ur information.
I made two app's for same sample code, one with VC++ and other with nmake

When i used DependencyWalker.exe to see the exported functions inside them, lol they both were different. i was screwed. could this be help to you

Thanks
Ranga

Ranga,

I have a feeling that you did not add the Pro/TOOLKIT floating module to your startup in addition to the normal ProE license. Run ptcsetup.bat again and add the Pro/TOOLKIT option to your license. The reason that your app is not starting up is because it is not unlocked. You need the Pro/TOOLKIT floating module added to your startup in order to run unlocked applications. Once you unlock the app then you can use the normal ProE license to use the app.

hi williaps,

Thanks on that. But if that was a problem.. then how come the apps built with nmake works normally while apps built with vc does not work

thanks again

williaps said:
You need to map all of the compiler and linker flags to the project settings in VC. This is rather easy. You can look at a tutorial for .NET 2003 on www.frotime.com.

i have already used their tutorial but in vain. actually i am using vc 6 only. but i dont think that should be problem.. May be as i am using WF 1 .. there might be some problem with linker support

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back