Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cast aluminium rendering

I model parts in pro/e thatthat arecast aluminium.

Can anybody upload a simple example...in pro/e???

Or which program do you recommend...thatis good in translatingparts from pro/e and is good and easy in photorendering cast aluminium???

I am a beginner in photorendering.....I have worked basic tutorials for photorendering but I didn't manage to get good results to give a realistic image of specific cast aluminium parts. I searched through the forum for a similar example (cast aluminium) but I didn't find anything similar. Therefore, I will be gratefull if someone managed to render cast aluminium parts and share his knowledge in this forum.

PS Any explanation Speling why you are so worried about my question? I think my question is specific enough and it would be great if everybody can see images of rendered cast aluminium parts.

Ok Speling, thanx anyway. Sticking to my point, I would be gratefull if anybodywho isconcerning my problem, rendering cast aluminium parts can give as examples by uploading images or prt files. I am using wilfire2.

Bossss, I agree with Speling you may have to be a little more precise with your questioning. What exactly are you trying to achive ? Something like :

View attachment 1899

View attachment 1900

Using the basic package that comes with pro-e you have to go through the colour manager and attach bump maps, which are basically texture files if you want achieve a textured look. There are many textures you can play around with until you find the colour and look you are after.

If you dont have any luck, I would post the question again in the thread above which speling posted. Rendering Q&A Gallery.

Good Luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back