Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hiding and Unhide of a component?

_rpm_

Does anyone have any examples or ideas for hiding/unhiding of a component?

I have tried calling the function ProSolidFeatureStatusSet() with the arguments that were returned from a ProSolidFeatureStatusGet() but it causes Pro/E to die a sudden death.

I have also tried calling the function ProFeatureStatusGet() but it ALWAYS results in a PRO_FEAT_ACTIVE value even when the parts are hidden.

Thank you.

There are no supported API's to work with Hide or Unhide in Wildfire or Wildfire 2 if that's what you're refering to. If you're talking about just blanking the component then you can put it on a layer and blank the layer. If it's just hidden i.e. not suppressed, then it would bePRO_FEAT_ACTIVE because it will be regenerated. If you really want to just "hide" it like the Pro/E functionality then do a search on PTC's tech support for ".BLACK_HOLE". That's how they implemented their hide/unhide so maybe you can use that layer - unsupported of course...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back